Interested in trying water polo?
Every year, we invite newcomers with little to no water polo experience to join us for an 8-session fundamentals course called Water Polo 101. This allows us to focus on teaching basic water polo skills and theory in one intensive month.
This year Water Polo 101 will take place from September 19 to October 13. The first session on Tuesday, September 19 at 18:00 is a mandatory swim training where we will assess your fundamental swimming skills and may redirect you to Vorspiel Swimming if we feel you need more work on swimming fundamentals. These criteria are listed on our website:
- → You have good technique especially in front crawl, backstroke, and breaststroke
- → You are able to complete swim training programs of at least 2,000 m
- → You are able to swim 200 m front crawl without break
After the first training, we will meet every Monday and Friday. Monday trainings are in Schwimmhalle Finckensteinallee and Friday trainings are in Kombibad Seestraße. Meeting time is 19:30.
- ⦁ Mondays at 19:30 in Schwimmhalle Finckensteinallee
- ⦁ Fridays at 19:30 in Kombibad Seestrasse
Please let us know which practices you are able to attend using this Google Form. If your plans change, you are able to come back and edit your attendance.
Two additional important things to note:
- → We expect you to attend at least half of the sessions, including at least 2 Monday sessions
- → Vorspiel policy limits you to 4 free training sessions, after which you will need to become a member of Vorspiel in order to continue the course and join the team. More details here.
Water polo is a team sport and we all share a common set of values, our “team credo”. We expect newcomers to adhere to these values too. You can read our team credo and find more information about our water polo teamhttps://www.berlinaquaholics.com
If you are interested, please use click the Enroll button and submit the Google Form